Watch this video to find out how to make this recipe. Click to subscribe for more recipe.
MANGALOREAN CHICKEN CURRY
750 grams chicken, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces on the bone
2 teaspoons + 2 tablespoons oil
6-8 black peppercorns
½ teaspoon dried fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
3-4 green cardamoms
1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
4-5 dried red chillies
6-7 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons coriander seeds
½ cup scraped fresh coconut
2 medium onions, finely chopped
6-7 curry leaves
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon tamarind pulp
Fresh coriander sprig for garnishing
1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a non-stick pan. Add peppercorns, dried fenugreek seeds, green cardamoms, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and let mustard seeds splutter and sauté till fragrant.
2. Add broken dried red chillies, garlic cloves and coriander seeds and sauté for 30 seconds. Add coconut and ¾th of the onions and sauté on medium heat till light golden brown. Transfer on a plate and slightly cool.
3. Heat remaining oil in a deep non-stick pan. Add curry leaves and let it crackle. Add turmeric powder and ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 1 minute.
4. Add chilli powder and remaining onions and sauté till onions turn translucent. Add chicken pieces and salt, mix, cover and cook for 5-6 minutes.
5. Grind together the sautéed mixture and tamarind paste alongwith some water into a smooth paste.
6. Add the ground paste and 1 cup water to chicken mixture, mix, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring ones or twice.
7. Serve hot garnished with a coriander sprig.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Cookware by : http://www.wonderchef.in
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor