Mini Jowar Uttapam, iron-rich breakfast recipe!
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Mini-Jowar-Uttapam-(iron-Rich-and-Pregnancy-Recipe)-22447r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Mini Jowar Uttapam
The popular south indian preparation is made healthier with the addition of iron-rich jowar. Serve these uttapams with coconut chutney to relish it the most.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Makes 20 mini uttapams
1 cup jowar (white millet) , soaked overnight and drained
1/4 cup urad dal (split black lentils) , soaked overnight and drained
1 cup soya milk (unflavoured)
salt to taste
2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
2 1/2 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
1. Combine the jowar, urad dal and soya milk and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
2. Transfer the paste into a bowl, add ¼ cup of water and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency.
3. Add the salt and ginger-green chilli paste and mix well.
4. Heat a mini uttapa pan and grease it using ½ tsp of oil.
5. Pour 2 small spoonfuls of the batter in each of the 7 uttapa moulds to make a 75 mm. (3″) diameter round.
6. Cook the uttapams, using 1 tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
7. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 13 more uttapams in 2 more batches.
Serve immediately with coconut chutney.
Nutrient values per uttapam
Energy 45 kcal
Protein 1.6 gm
CHO 7.3 gm
Fat 1.1 gm
Fibre 1.0 gm
Iron 0.5 mg